Wednesday, August 7, 2013

The Whirlwind

As I begin my journey in educational administration I am quickly realizing, there are not enough hours in the day to get everything done. Balancing my time between the things that I have to manage and developing the initiative for change that I want to lead, are at times blurred. Let's be honest, this is almost an "I told you so" statement because I really haven't begun the crazy part of my job. Despite this fact, I truly believe that we live in the most exciting time in education. The educational underground that includes edcampers, eduslammers, twitter fanatics, and maximizers of the social media world that connects us with unlimited information is slowly infiltrating our schools in cells. This underground group needs to strategically spread the word through modeling, sharing, and doing all that is necessary to find out how to inspire others to join the cause. The cause being, making connections with a new generation of students. Stepping out of our psycological comfort zone to learn new ways to make connections with kids so that we can truly prepare them for a future that we cannot predict.  My hope for this school year is that in the whirlwind that will inevitablly catch up with me, I don't forget my why... Student Success 

No comments:

Post a Comment